Sunday, July 5, 2009

Why Things Exploded

You know the saddest part about last night? The laser-wielding sharks are the ones who stuck around to rescue people. Firecracker lit out of there after the explosion. I don't know if he ever got his pants back. The sharks are the ones who pinpointed the injured people in the water and on the beach, and hovered over them until the rescue crews arrived. It turns out that Waverider lost track of his son for fifteen minutes, and sent out sharks with face-recognition software to find him. The kid turned up a few minutes after the explosion. When your dad's a pioneer in the field of surveillance technology, I guess you have to go to great lengths to get a little privacy to make out with your boyfriend. I'm shocked he managed to slip the tracers for so long, honestly. I guess it helps that he was on dry land.
Firecracker is in the doghouse. He blew up the pier, wrecked every car parked next to the beach, ripped up the sidewalk and street, knocked over a ridiculous amount of palm trees, blasted most of the beach all over the street, capsized eight boats and oh yes injured a number of innocent bystanders, among them your friendly neighborhood cryogenetic. And nobody can find him to give him the bill, though a very angry Waverider is looking. And all because he never bothered getting on friendly terms with the local supers, or even reading the basic government info packets. I mean, seriously. If it's mechanical and looks like an aquatic creature in this part of Florida, it belongs to Waverider. Taylor's got a great story about scuba diving and taking pictures of the lobsters migrating, except one of them started taking pictures of her.
I've been marinating my bruises in the pool all day. The pool is icy cold after several hours of me splashing around, which is just as well, since I don't particularly want my sister's company right now. She's been mumbling just to annoy me. I know she's mumbling, since I can hear everyone else over the ringing in my ears, but she takes an unwholesome pleasure in mocking me. I can't imagine why.

No comments:

Post a Comment